Patients do not have to be registered to see a GP or nurse at the Hartlepool NHS Healthcare Centre. We can help people with busy lifestyles who need access to flexible and convenient health services and may have difficulty accessing a convenient appointment at their registered practice.
We can also help patients who may not be registered with a GP practice who might normally attend Accident and Emergency (A&E) for treatment which could be provided by a GP or nurse.
Visitors and foreign visitors to Hartlepool are also welcome.
The following services are available to patients who would like to see visit the Centre:
- Blood pressure checks
- Contraceptive advice
- Coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- Information on staying healthy and health promotion
- Minor cuts and wounds - dressings and care
- Muscle and joint injuries - strains and sprains
- Skin complaints - rashes, sunburn and headlice
- Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Support for stopping smoking
- Women's health problems and menstrual advice.
Registering with or changing GPs
If you are not registered with a GP practice or would like to change your registered practice, you can obtain more information about GP surgeries in your area, the services they offer and opening times by calling your Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 013 0500.
Alternatively, please click here to visit the NHS Choices website for more information.
(Website opens in new window)
How to find us